Friday, June 29, 2012

ADVENTURES IN THRIFT-TIQUING - PART 6

This month, I went antiquing at a new little place called "Vintage Village" in Lawrenceville. I've been meaning to stop in this shop for a while, and since I had an appointment in the area, I was able to carve out some time to pop in. :) I was very impressed with the variety of booths in the shop and the amount of stuff in that little store! It was a quick trip, but very successful, I found a lot of pieces I've been on the hunt for. :)


I've been on the search for a decanter for a couple months now. Since working on the inspiration board for my dining room re-design, I've wanted a little bar cart section in the dining room. I've come across many decanters that were just a little too ornate, but the clean lines and simple design of this one is just perfect. 


This marquee "W" was a last minute decision at checkout when I saw it was only for $1.00, I like collecting "W's" and custom portraits of Jon and me. I'm not quite sure what I'll do with it quite yet, but I'm looking forward to putting something snazzy together with my little collection. ;)


I was so excited to come across this train case! It's in fantastic condition and it comes with a little plastic tray that sits on top. I'm planning to use it for make-up storage and road trips. 


I couldn't resist these way cute prints from the 60's. I'm thinking they would be cute in a bathroom or future nursery?? So stinkin' cute. :)


I love this beautiful cheese & cracker serving tray! We are big cheese and cracker people and this would be perfect for parties. I've always had my eye on the cheese platters, but I love that this one includes a space for crackers and comes on a wooden tray. 

Soon, all of these pretty things will be packed up in boxes! Jon and I will be starting our packing this week for our move at the end of July. I. Can't. Wait. :)


2 comments:

  1. great finds! Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love that cheese plate. How fun! I seem to be unable to pass up any vintage kitchen item in avocado green. In fact, just I posted my own blog post about my recent thrift store finds. http://seamstresserin.blogspot.com/2012/06/thrift-store-scores.html
    I think your cheese platter beats my casserole dish, however!

    ReplyDelete